Monotropa uniflora

Humo83

Floración
29 Mayo 2014
La planta poco conocida Monotropa uniflora se antoja muy interesante. Elimina el dolor pero no haciendo desaparecer la sensación de dolor sino operando una disociación mediante la que el paciente percibe el dolor pero no le molesta. Y esta disociación puede causar viajes del tipo de la ketamina. La Monotropa uniflora también produce Indiferencia hacia el dolor emocional. Se ha usado con éxito para calmar enfermos psicóticos y gente con psicosis inducida por drogas o malos viajes. Se hace una tintura con alcohol puro usando las flores, las raíces o ambas. Se ha usado como sustituto del opio. Colgaré algo de info en inglés (es lo único que hay)

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4A mediante Tapatalk

• Me gusta
Reacciones: Madrizleño

Humo83

Floración
29 Mayo 2014
From my friend: "herbalists claim it may help folks come down from a trip by disassociation. It's used as a pain-reliever, but not as a direct analgesic: apparently the plan had phytochemicals which help the mind dissociate pain from the body. And in a similar way, apparently it can help bring someone down from a trip.”

I did some research apparently it is compared to nitrous oxide in that you are still aware of your pain you simply just do not care.

"I was first introduced to Ghost Pipe by Tommy Priester, who told me that he used the tincture of the whole plant for people in intense physical pain. He said it didn't make the pain go away, but
it put the person beside her pain where she could see it and deal with it without being overwhelmed by it. "

It also seems to have a similar effect on emotional pain. It’s been used for centuries to calm seizures, psychotic fits, irritability in children, as a substitute for opium… you name it. This plant is useful!

"In another case, I helped a Veteran of the first Gulf War find relief from migraine-like headaches caused by a traumatic brain injury (the spine-brain stem signature here again) with a combination of Ghost Pipe, Wood Betony (Stachys betonica), and Clematis. The formula was the first thing he had experienced that was able to touch his pain. “

It’s chemical composition either has not been fully documented or it’s principal action is due to a toxin called Grayanotoxin.
It is not inconceivable that this toxin is responsible for it’s effects as many people have reported taking low doses of strychnine as a nootropic with great effect. Atropine is also very useful at the right dosage as is digitoxin and dioxin. As they say “The dose makes the poison.”

It also appears to be a brilliant remedy to druginduced psychosis as well as bad trips.

"When I first started researching Ghost Pipe, I came across Ryan Drum’s account of using the medicine to help sedate a man who was having a psychotic episode that seemed to be either brought on by or exacerbated by an intense drugexperience.4 Based on this account, and on my experiences using Ghost Pipe for acute anxiety, I decided to try giving the medicine to the frightened and agitated psychonauts who wound up in my care.

In almost every case, the effects were quick and dramatic. Within a few minutes of giving 1-3 1ml doses of the tincture of the aerial parts, pupil dilation and responses to external stimuli would return to normal, and the person would begin to settle down. With 15-30 minutes the person would fall asleep and wake up hours later, calm and coherent.”

This plant grows in the woods behind my house although I’m not sure it is in season and it is semi-rare. I’m interested to learn more and hear your thoughts. I also recognize definite potential to design a new class of pain medications from this lovely plant

Humo83

Floración
29 Mayo 2014
Ghost Pipe es el nombre coloquial de la planta

-